Chickpeas or garbanzo beans?? Whatever you want to call it. Are high in vitamins, minerals, fiber, and protein. They help reduce appetite and could help with weight loss. Also, chickpeas are a great source of several minerals, such as magnesium and potassium, which have been studied for their potential to boost heart health.
Alright now that we know chickpeas are delicious and great for your body, what do you make from this superfood. You could easily make a delicious bowl of hummus, falafel, chickpea salad but no we are not going to make the cliche chickpea meals. We are going to learn how to make a delicious bowl of stewed chickpeas, one that’s going to make you eat straight from the pan.
You are going to need these ingredients:
- Tomato Paste
- Bell Pepper
- Seasoning(Salt, Black Pepper, Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder and Paprika)
Steps to make the magical bowl
- Boil the chickpeas till it’s soft. Season the boiling water with salt of course.
- Get your frying pan, heat up some oil.
- Splash your diced onions, bell pepper, tomatoes, and garlic into the hot frying pan.
- Add the tomato paste into the sauteed vegetables, then add water till you get the thick stewy consistency you want. I like mine thick!!
- Add your seasoning into your stew, mix it up and let simmer.
- Pour your Garbanzo beans into the stew and mix it up with care and love.
- Let it simmer at medium heat for three minutes so the chickpeas can suck up the stew flavor.
You can eat this stewed chickpeas with some type of grain(rice, lentils, quinoa), pita, pasta or you can just eat it right of the pan.
Check out our other post