- 3/4 cup of Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup of chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup of carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup of pitted Medjool Dates
- 1/2 cup of dried pineapple pieces
- 2 teaspoons of orange zest
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180ºC). Place the oats, almonds, pecans, and walnuts on a baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted for 10 minutes.
- Put the carrots, dates, coconut, pineapple, orange zest, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is well chopped and can form a ball. Add the oats and nut mixture and process then pulse till you can form a ball.
- Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap. Press the oats and nuts mixture into the pan evenly. Cover and refrigerate until the mixture is firm to the touch, about 2 hours. Cut into 8 bars and wrap individually in plastic wrap. These irresistible bars can last up to 2 weeks. Snack on!
Oats: Oats pack more protein and fat than most other grains and are a good source of beta-glucan, a unique, soluble fiber linked to multiple health benefits. They are a very good source of fiber, especially beta-glucan, and are high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Whole oats are the only food source of avenanthramides, a unique group of antioxidants believed to protect against heart disease.
Amount Per Serving Calories 213Total Fat 12ggSaturated Fat 2ggTrans Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 110mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 3gSugar 17gProtein 5g